Educating Sommeliers Worldwide.
By Beverage Trade Network
This is where the on-trade decides which wines will make a compelling addition to their wine list. The Top 100 On-Premise Wines List will be curated once the winners of the 2021 Sommeliers Choice Awards are announced.
The goal of the new Sommeliers Choice Awards is simple: to provide experienced on-premise buyers and sommeliers a valuable benchmark for understanding which wines would make an excellent addition to a restaurant or bar wine list. The judging panel of the Sommeliers Choice Awards will consist entirely of top sommeliers at U.S. restaurants, bars, pubs, and clubs. In order to be selected as a judge, sommeliers need to demonstrate their expertise within the on-premise industry.
The top two questions that sommeliers will be attempting to answer at the Sommeliers Choice Awards as they judge wines is: “Would we stock this?” and "Will the consumer buy a second glass?"
Here’s what you need to know to get your wines to us in order to qualify for the Top 100 On-Premise Wines list. Sommeliers Choice Awards will help you market your wines in the US on-trade market, get your wines in front of leading master sommeliers, wine directors, and restaurant wine buyers. SCA will create both trade and consumer interest in your wines which will help you drive on-premise sales for your wines.
Here’s information on entering the competition, pricing, shipping information, and key dates for results and entry.
Submission closes on April 20, 2021
Warehouse Deadline: April 23, 2021
Judging: May 16, 2021
Winners Announced: May 31, 2021
Regular Pricing - $120 per wine (April 01, 2021, to April 20, 2021)
Quantity Discount Now Available
4 to 9 entries: 10% discount
10 to 14 entries: 15% discount
15 or more entries: 20% discount
(Price in USD)
The delivery address to ship samples will be sent by email when the payment is completed.
Please send your samples (3 bottles per entry) to the SCA warehouse before April 23, 2021, at the address mentioned in the SCA Label once you login and click on 'My Shipping labels'. This label needs to be displayed on the box.
*Official SCA shipping labels MUST BE USED and can be found on the 'My Shipping labels' section of 'My account'. You can download and print your shipping label here. Please note that your reference number is on the shipping label and it is very important for this to be visible to the SCA team. Please place the shipping label on your box and one copy inside your shipping box. Clearly label each box of wine using the shipping label. Official SCA shipping labels MUST be used to send samples.
Goods receiving time: Monday – Friday 9.00 am – 5.00 pm.
*Wines that arrive after the deadline date will not be accepted and refunds will not be issued.
Step 1 – Initial Sign Up
1. Register to create your account.
2. Complete your company profile.
3. Enter the details of the wines that you want to enter in the competition
Step 2 – Payment Mode
1. Online payment via stripe: Select payment options in your account and pay online option.
2. Offline mode of payment: The competition coordinator will send you the payment invoice and details if you selected the offline method.
3. Once the payment is confirmed, you can access the payment/invoice receipt under the billing tab of your online account. Once the payment is done, your shipping labels will be generated in your account.
Step 3 – Shipping
1. Log in to your account, click on the ‘My Shipping’ label tab and print the official SCA shipping label.
2. The label needs to be attached on each of the boxes at the time of shipment.
3. Once the shipment has been done, please share the tracking details with the competition coordinator on firstname.lastname@example.org For any assistance, please call us at +1 855 481 1112.
Enter your wines now. (Submission closes April 20, 2021).